Friday, April 1, 2011

There was a hole here once ... but now it's gone ...

The other day, I was singing in my car and perfected my Violent Femmes impression.

So now I add the lead singer of the Violent Femmes to my Ian Curtis, Dennis DeYoung, Brandon Flowers, Morrissey, and Paul Banks impressions.

Woot for screwing around with my voice enough to sound like different people! Lol, yeesh.

I've always felt I would make a kick-ass front man for a band. I'd like to try that at some point. That should be a goal. To sing lead vocals in a band at least once in my life. Even karaoke would do, really, but only if it was a song I dig.

I should've gone into voice acting. All these accents and voice changing skills only lead to two avenues: International super spy or voice actor.

In closing, here is Mark Hamill and Kevin Conroy doing their Joker and Batman voices, respectively.

5 comments:

  1. Hey Robert,

    I've stumbled upon your blog following a link from a certain zombie-related online game, of all things. It's a nice read, and I'll definitly stick around for a while, being artistically involved myself in terms of art and writing. Also, and I hope you don't mind me bringing that up over here, I'm looking for UD ingame contacts. Making the whole thing more of a social experience and stuff. Let me know if you're interested.

    Keep up the good work!

    Cheers,
    Kamil

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm definitely interested, I think UD opens itself up perfectly for that kind of experience. That's what it should be, you know?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad we agree. Besides the obvious chit-chatting, I'm thinking about coordination, and maybe even roleplay, if you're into that way to approach an online game. At least I've noticed that you're way more communicative and creative than the other survivors I've met so far, that's how I got the idea to contact you.

    For a neatly integrated way to chat ingame without using up those rare AP, check out http://wiki.urbandead.com/index.php/Satellite_phone . Works like a charm for me- My number would be 895-8325. Bonus: It would make me stop filling your comments with blog unrelated talk. ;)

    Oh, just realized I didn't mention it before: My character name is Chickflick.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! I'll be sure to check it out and start using the sat phone!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent- see you in-game, then.

    ReplyDelete