Tuesday, February 8, 2011

And as things fell apart, nobody paid much attention ...

I haven't had much to write about these past few days, in that, my life has taken a dramatic turn down "Boredom Lane", which is where old ideas and hastily-put together projects go to die.

I've been working on various projects, writing a lot, and attempting to lose weight, which is always a struggle. I wonder if people have trouble gaining weight in the same way I have trouble losing it and keeping it off.

I've been listening to a lot of Maria Bamford, one of the funniest people on Earth. This has proven both inspiring and disheartening because I'll never be as funny as she is. Or at least, not in the same way.

I guess I just feel very down, or very negative, and it has a lot to do with the constant carrot in my face of "here it is, just take it" compared to the reality that the carrot is actually a shotgun aimed squarely at my nose.

I feel like this advice, courtesy of Advice Dog himself, is the way to act, basically, all day, lately:

No comments:

Post a Comment