Thursday, February 24, 2011

The Internet is A Coal Mine And I Get Dirtier Every Day ...

Every day I scour the internet for writing jobs. Something. Anything that will help to pay the bills, for, mind you, I am an unemployed writer.

I'm actively seeking the following kind of job that may or may not exist:

Writed/Editor - Long Island Office


Requirements: Must know the words to "Baker Street" by Gerry Raferty, can recite every line of Ghostbusters, with proper inflection, must love David Fincher, must have a working knowledge of how the Flux Capacitor works ("It makes time travel possible ..." will suffice), must love animals, Bachelor's in English.

I've been writing every day for the various blogs and news sites I "work" for, but at the same time, I'm not really seeing any money, or, at least, I'm not seeing any money yet.

My fiance' laid down the law last night that if I don't get my shit together within four months, I may no longer have a fiance'.

Added pressure on top of pressure to lose weight (I've lost 24 or 25 pounds thus far, in about two weeks), bills, and pressure about moving into my future (potential) in-laws' apartment in their house, all makes me feel super-stressed and nervous and generally unsure about most things.

Except the fact that I can write. I write my ass off every day. For next to nothing. I have projects I know I'll see a payday from, but as of right now, I have nothing.

In the months to come, I may not even have a fiance'.

No comments:

Post a Comment