Friday, January 21, 2011

Thanks for the book, now my table is steady!

There was a show called "The Walking Dead", which everyone got hard for, mostly because it had zombies in it. I love zombies as much as the next schmuck, however; this show didn't work for me overall. I realize it ended a while back, but I just wanted to get my feelings out there on this subject. "The Walking Dead" comic book is weak. The show is just about as weak. Now, there's going to be a video game.

The problem with zombies is that there are only so many stories we can watch about the deterioration of society with only so many variations and takes on a theme. How many more times can we watch people tear up and lose themselves in the face of apocalypse. It's the new 9/11 allegory and it's lame. After all, zombie films reached their peak with Day of The Dead, the greatest zombie masterpiece of all-time. And if there's any itching for a zombie game, there's Left 4 Dead and it's sequel.

The reorganizing of my dvd collection today was a fiasco. I have too many, it's unbelievable. At least over two thousand, for sure.

Ugh, the price of loving film.

No comments:

Post a Comment