Sunday, January 16, 2011

You're cool, stay that way ...

My fiance is yapping in my ear while I write this.

Tonight, I plan to subject her to Band Of Brothers as my movie pick. It should be glorious! I have a suspicion that she'll like it. Anyone who doesn't is a commie or a Nazi.

She's reading recipes out of the new Weight Watchers book she bought today. Things that sound delicious.

"Jerk chicken looks gross." - Emily

"Jerk chicken is delicious." - Me. Followed by a swift slap to her face.

Part of that last bit was a joke. You decide which part.

I restarted another playthrough of Mass Effect the other day in anticipation of the new DLC that is going to drop soon. I'll be damned if, four years after release, I'm not still finding new things in that game that blow my mind to smithereens. I can't stop gushing about it.

Of course, this will be followed by a playthrough of its slightly superior sequel, Mass Effect 2. That trailer, by the way, is probably one of the greatest trailers to any piece of media you will ever see. Shame on you if you don't dedicate two minutes to watching it.

I was disappointed to see that Edge Magazine didn't rank "Decay" on its' list of the best XBOX Live Indie Games. I was really pissed about it, actually, mostly because I've been fortunate enough to work on the game along with the talented Swedish gentlemen at Shining Gate Software.

I guess I shouldn't be bothered. In the end, it's journalism and reviewing, and reviews aren't always going to be favorable. That said, the "Decay" series has remained steadily entrenched in the top 50 games, ratings-wise, as well as in popularity, for a long time. I should put more stock in actual gamers' opinions and ratings than in the journalistic hands of British game reviewers, whose opinions I value, though not to the extent of my fellow gamer.

*steps off soapbox, lights cigarette*

2 comments:

  1. "That trailer, by the way, is probably one of the greatest trailers to any piece of media you will ever see. Shame on you if you don't dedicate two minutes to watching it." - Rob

    I am probably the only other person who feels that way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The line that always gets my blood pumping even more is when Thane (a character I expected to go crazy for and ended up never using) says "Going after The Collectors would mean passing through the Omega-4 Relay. No ship has ever returned from doing so."

    ReplyDelete